Have pain and illness stolen your life?
Everything is harder when you live with a chronic condition like persistent pain, fibromyalgia, depression, or post-COVID syndrome.
- Everyday things that others take for granted – washing your hair, taking a walk, making a meal – seem out of reach.
- You can’t plan when you don’t know when pain or fatigue will strike.
- Friends and family can fall away, while things that bring you joy languish.
It’s natural to withdraw, rest, and gather your strength when you’re fatigued or in pain.
The hard part is balance. The more you withdraw, the harder is to move forward. You get weaker. You get more and more sensitive to light and sound. Normal activities become exhausting.
As your activities become more and more limited, it’s easy to lose track of friends, become more and more isolated, and slip into depression.
We can help you break the cycle.
All modern rehabilitation science suggests balancing activity & recovery is critical.
The key to taking back your life is setting your own pace, but moving forward – one small step at a time.
The 1step2life app helps you:
- Set your own goals. 1step2life encourages you to focus on just three things each week.
- A doable goal. Something you’re hoping to build into your life.
- A stretch goal. Something you may be able to do on a good day but maybe not every day.
- Something that will make you happy. Do you like to draw? Play the ukulele? Pat your cat? Do your hair? Pick a goal that you want. Something that will bring you joy.
- Log your success. Recording your successes helps you focus on what you are doing, not what you can’t.
- Self care: Activities like showering or chores; Following a prescribed diet; Taking your medicines. Exercising.
- Getting up and out: Getting up and out of bed, walking, going to school or work.
- Stress reduction: yoga, meditation, or prayer.
- Playing with pets. Building & maintaining friendships. Playing games or enjoying hobbies.
- Track mood, activities, goals, and pain. Progress is never linear. Graphing your progress can help you see long-term progress emerge from the mix of good and bad days that make up most of our lives.
- Track how activities map onto your mood and your pain.
- And if you don’t want to log pain, you can opt out. Log daily, weekly, or not at all.